Today I experienced a funny issue when installing an application.
The installation guide told me to create a network mapping to a file share on a server and use it as the target path for the installation.
However, when I came to the point to configure the installation path… the network mapping was not available.
It was showing the local disks, DVD drive… but no network mapping.
After some searching I found that some applications that use .NET experience this issue.
1) Close the installation wizard.
2) Search for caspol.exe (located somewhere in C:\Windows\WinSxS)
2) Open an elevated command prompt.
3) Goto the path of caspol.exe
4) Execute the following command (example! replace the url): CasPol.exe -m -ag 1.2 -url file://\\fileserver01/f$/Applications/* FullTrust